We are looking for a
Field Service Engineer
Our Global Business Group at Nova is looking for a Field Service Engineer who is a self-starter, has a positive attitude, is a team player, and can support our systems at the customer site in a professional manner. The FSE will perform engineering and technical activities, while utilizing company’s R&D teams to direct technology development of new products.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, mathematics, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of what is possible in semiconductor manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners and brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
- Great Place to Work-Certified™ 2022
- Opportunity to collaborate with the best in this field, our 1000+ employees love coming to work every day in our 12 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation
What will you do as a Field Service Engineer?
- Service Nova install base at End User’s site to meet equipment specs defined under Nova’s warranty and service support agreements
- Maintain proper reporting and escalation to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for new equipment installations and upgrades
- Provide feedback to headquarters based on experience and feedback from customers for continuous improvement.
- Provide basic training to end users.
- Manage Nova’s parts inventory at the locations assigned to this position
- Repair parts and components according to service agreement
- Collaborate with account application team and customers for on-site evaluations
- Follow customer site operating methods, procedures, and policy
- Maintain customers’ information with the utmost confidentiality
Must be able to work a compressed work schedule, 12 hour shifts (7am-7pm +/-, 2 hours).
- Week 1: Sunday- Wednesday
- Week 2: Sunday-Tuesday
- Week 3: Sunday- Wednesday
- Week 4: Sunday- Tuesday
- Minimum BS in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
- Able to work inside customer cleanroom.
- Previous experience working with multi-discipline semiconductor manufacturing equipment, metrology tool experience is plus
- Knowledge in optics and mechanical components. Must be hands-on.
- Be polite, cordial, considerate, and respectful when communicating with customers
- Ability to travel within the US and Internationally for training or to other sites: up to 15%
- Able to move hardware components weighing up to 50 pounds