Software Engineering Manager
The Engineering team at Nova is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to manage multiple software projects and software teams to ensure projects meet deadlines and deliver required functionality with code that meets documented standards. You will be a hands-on technical manager needing to understand and being able to utilize appropriate design methodologies and coding practices. You will provide feedback to the software team through design and code reviews.
The applications on which you will be working involve multiple processes(.exes) with communication via WCF. A successful candidate should have extensive experience in the Semiconductor equipment manufacturing industry and managing teams with a passion for delivering clean, maintainable code.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, math, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of possible in semiconductors’ manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners! Brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep, into the nanometric and atomic levels, to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the Material Metrology Division:
- Materials Metrology Division is a collaborative and familial environment. We work as a team, and individually, to drive the success of our business using our winning attitude!
What will you do as a Software Engineering Manager?
- Manage software projects to ensure they are on time and meet specifications
- Provide career management of direct reports, software engineers and team leads
- Direct the continuous learning and improvement of the software team’s skills
- Carry out all tasks to the highest standard with attention to detail being essential
What will make you succeed in the role?
- 10+ years’ experience in semiconductor capital equipment inspection industry
- 5+ years’ experience managing software teams
- 5+ years’ experience managing software projects
- Extensive experience in HW control systems
- Self-starter and quick learner of new technologies and processes
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills – possess the ability to translate business requirements to software requirements
- Ability to take ownership of the complete software development cycle from requirements gathering to design to implementation
- Team player who will work in a collaborative environment with users and the engineering team
- Passionate about well-designed software that is modifiable, efficient, reliable and meets coding standards
- Ability to mentor team members
- 8+ years of software development experience in OO environment
- 6+ years of coding and development experience using C#. Net with Visual Studio 2017/2019
- Expert with Microsoft .NET technologies - WinForms, WPF, WCF, MS Unit test
- Extensive experience working in a multi-threaded environment
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Hands on experience working with hardware components
- Metrology software systems
- GUI development for Semiconductor/ Metrology software systems
- Semiconductor equipment automation - SEMI standards/ SECS/GEM
- Working knowledge of GIT
- Working knowledge of JIRA
- Test driven development
- Database application development and data modeling techniques
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
- Because our 700+ employees love coming to work every day in our 18 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation.