Sr. Application Engineer
Our Global Business Group at Nova is looking for an Application Engineer who is a highly technical, motivated individual to support our growth in the semiconductor dimensional metrology segment in US-Boise. The Application Engineer is someone who will engage with Nova customers to develop high-value, innovative optical metrology applications in semiconductor manufacturing; apply robust statistical techniques to optimize applications for the high-volume manufacturing (HVM) fab environment; and provide region support for new product introduction and evaluation activities (beta, head-to-head).
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, math, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of possible in semiconductors’ manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners! Brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep, into the nanometric and atomic levels, to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the Global Business Group:
- GBG is a collaborative and familial like environment. We thrive on our teamwork and pride ourselves in our winning attitude.
What will you do as an Application Engineer?
- Develop optical metrology applications for R&D and HVM fabs and provide on-site support to Nova’s end users
- Quantify metrology system performance by employing sound statistical techniques
- Travel in US for evaluations, periodic application activities, and tool acceptances
- Train and update customers, and perform strategic customer demonstrations of Nova solutions
- Assist end-users and Nova service engineers in troubleshooting Nova products in the field
- Help gather next generation metrology needs and effectively communicate to HQ
- Support development of new application features and assist in their market penetration
- Actively participate in customer presentations to support the sales process
- Joint publications with customers, application notes, and technical reports
What will make you succeed in the role?
- A strong background in advanced metrology technologies, especially optical technologies highly desired Identify and lead penetration efforts with new products to increase the Nova market share
- Extensive hands-on fab experience and strong background in semiconductor manufacturing processes (lithography, CMP, deposition, wet and dry etch)