Staff Software Engineer
The Engineering team at Nova is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to work with Scientists and Systems Engineers to gather requirements and implement code. It is exciting to see your code interacting with hardware (robots, vision systems, sensors and gauges) and data to produce results via complex algorithms. You will cover the entire technology stack that is necessary to create .Net applications and modules.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, math, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of possible in semiconductors’ manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners! Brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep, into the nanometric and atomic levels, to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the Material Metrology Division:
Materials Metrology Division is a competitive and family like environment. We work as a team, and individually, to drive the success of our business using our winning attitude!
What will you do as a Sr. Technical Support Engineer?
- Develop/Maintain features for hardware control which may include low level application code, domain application logic and/or UI code
- Debug existing source code analyze logs and fix bugs as needed
- Work independently and collaboratively as needed
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and finish in a timely manner
- Continuously learn and improve skills
- Attention to detail is essential and all tasks must be carried out to the highest standard
What will make you succeed in the role?
- Expert in .Net technologies and Windows
- Extensive experience in HW control systems
- Semiconductor/ Metrology software systems
- GUI development for Semiconductor/ Metrology software systems
- Semiconductor equipment automation - SEMI standards/ SECS/GEM
- Working knowledge of GIT
- Working knowledge of JIRA
- Test driven development
- Database application development and data modeling techniques
- 8+ years of software development experience in OO environment
- 6+ years of coding and development experience using C#. Net with Visual Studio 2017/2019
- Expert with Microsoft .NET technologies - WinForms, WPF, WCF, MS Unit test
- Extensive experience working in a multi-threaded environment
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Hands on experience working with hardware components
- Self-starter and quick learner of new technologies and processes
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills – possess the ability to translate business requirements into application code
- Ability to take ownership of the complete software development cycle from requirements gathering to design to implementation
- Team player who will work in a collaborative environment with users and the engineering team
- Passionate about well-designed software that is modifiable, efficient, reliable and meets coding standards
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020.
- Because our 700+ employees love coming to work every day in our 18 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation.