The Engineering team at Nova is looking for a Systems Architect to lead the design, integration, and characterization of a novel metrology system in the early stages of development. The candidate will interact with both product marketing and the leads from all engineering disciplines to refine the system architecture, prove technical and commercial feasibility, and develop high level system requirements, designs and development strategy. This position provides the opportunity to have a significant impact in a rapidly growing division.
- Nova provides insights into process control in the world’s most technologically advanced industry. We employ physics, math, algorithms, software and hardware expertise to redefine the limits of possible in semiconductors’ manufacturing.
- We invite you to join our dreamers and winners! Brilliant high- aimers who see impossible as the starting point to exciting challenges, and work together in multidisciplinary global teams to find answers.
- We dive deep, into the nanometric and atomic levels, to extract unique insights and provide our customers and partners with crucial decision-making data. Each and every one of us helps redefine what people can achieve through technology.
We simply do things differently. What about you?
You’ll be joining the Material Metrology Division:
- Materials Metrology Division is a competitive and familial environment. We work as a team, and individually, to drive the success of our business using our winning attitude!
What will you do as a Systems Architect?
- Utilize theoretical understanding to derive and model system entitlement budget
- Characterize system performance and make quantitative comparisons to entitlements
- Serve as system architect and technical lead for a complex metrology system
- Coordinate the development and testing of complex data analysis models and algorithms
- Coordinate the activities of the cross functional scientific and engineering team responsible for the feasibility demonstration and prototype/product development
- Develop new measurement methods and capabilities on existing instrumentation. Find and propose ways to improve system performance
- In the future, identify and develop and/or invent new technologies to expand the Nova product portfolio
What will make you succeed in the role?
- Basic geometric and Fourier optics, e.g. magnification and spot size analysis, and hands-on optical alignment
- Physics based error budgets and system models for complex/high performance instrumentation (for example metrology, spectroscopy or imaging systems)
- Capability to fully understand concepts and operation of NOVA MMD Metrology products
- Ability to work independently on integration and characterization of complex opto-mechanical systems
- Ability to work with engineers and scientists from a wide range of disciplines
- Critical, scientific thinking with good intuition toward practical solutions
- Knowledge of systems and software necessary to perform job function such as LabVIEW or MATLAB
- Postgraduate degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or physics or a related technical discipline with industry experience (level of position will be commensurate with experience)
- Thorough understanding and knowledgeable of optical diffraction
- Experience with and/or aptitude for optical systems, detectors, imaging systems, spectroscopy or metrology
- Strong instrumentation and systematic troubleshooting skills
- Experience in x-ray beamline or optics design a plus
- Previous experience with Semiconductor Capital equipment a plus
- Fortune magazine chose Nova as one of the fastest growing companies in the world in 2019 and 2020
- Because our 700+ employees love coming to work every day in our 18 offices across the globe and share their passion for technology and innovation.