VP of Advanced Tech
Nova Measuring Instrument is a leading innovator and a key provider of metrology solutions for advanced process control used in semiconductor manufacturing. The company maintains its technological edge by continuously introducing advanced capabilities and extensions of its technology portfolio. The company’s continuous product innovation combines robust high-precision optical and XRay design with unique algorithms and software modeling engines, best in class in the industry.
Nova is looking for a VP of Advanced Technology for our materials metrology division. The division is a leading provider of next generation metrology equipment used to monitor and control thickness and composition of critical films deposited during the semiconductor manufacturing process. We are searching for a seasoned technical executive, at the CTO level, who will play a key role in establishing the divisions strategic direction, development and future growth. Specifically, the successful candidate will serve as the domain expert and technical leader and will be responsible for carrying out feasibility investigations of next generation technology including theoretical, simulation and modeling work to plot a course for us to bring intercepting metrology technologies to market.
- Lead the division’s technical vision and technical development roadmap
- Assess technologies in support of market gaps and opportunities – new products Identify or develop compelling technologies that may be transformed into products
- Anticipate and react to major technology changes in our customer base to ensure we maintain a leadership position
- Promote company’s technology leadership within the technology community
- Drive and manage technology driven initiatives with our customers
- Full ownership on multi-disciplinary system, HW and algorithmic issues while leading a team on the implementation of and experiment design on the proof-of-concept unit.
- Lead multi-disciplinary work that involves various HW disciplines, SW and algorithms as well as application and customer-facing issues.
- Combine overall algorithmic solution with system HW by coordinating with off-site team members and integrate the theoretical and algorithmic work with experimental activities
- Lead the execution of technology strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships
- Establish high level technical exchanges with customers, vendors and partners
- Develop a coherent patent strategy
- Demonstrated ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for technology and product roadmaps
- Thorough understanding of semiconductor technologies
- X-ray, charged particle and light optics system design expertise and proven innovation in area of Materials Science
- Proven innovation and leadership of system level instrumentation creation, application optimization and design
- Knowledge of advanced device integration PhD in Materials Science, Physics or related area
- 10+ years experience
- Innovation thinking – dares to challenge the status quo and creates an environment that inspires people to bring up ideas and manages the process of executing new ideas.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Persuasive powers, ability to lead, motivate and drive without authority (matrix).
- Presentation skills – ability to present to management and lead towards decisions.
- Excellent problem solving skills - ability to solve complex multi-disciplinary problems which involve various HW, algorithms and application aspects.
- Disciplined, agile planner of activities and keen tracker of progress/delays/changes
- Ability to take state-of-the are complex technology and bring it to implementation via a disciplined feasibility and development process.
- Critical thinker and un-compromising advocate of reality
- Big picture oriented, analytical and pragmatic thinking.
- Thrive for excellence.